Friday 17 February 2017
We are currently expanding and the need for a Quantity Surveyor has arisen within our growing team.
Exciting times ahead for KELRAY LTD.
Click 'read more' to see the full post.
We are currently looking for a suitably qualified Quantity Surveyor who meets the following requirements:
- BSc in Quantity Surveying or equivalent,
- a minimum of 2 years technical delivery experience with construction,
- pre and post contract experience,
- good technical writing with excellent communications skills, both internal and external,
- to be well organised, proactive, assertive, well disciplined, diligent and commercially astute,
- ability to run projects with minimal supervision and to attend project meetings independently,
- a team player with a can do attitude, outgoing, polite, energetic, patient, eager, diplomatic, personable, respectful and flexible.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, you will be responsible for:
* purchasing of all materials for the entire company and its related projects,
* commence all relevant work in relation to receipt of a new job/project,
* preparation of pricing documents and the formatting of these documents into the standard layout,
* to maximise the Company's cash flow through accurate forecasting of payments and receipts, clear communication with clients and suppliers.
* ensuring projects are run in a coordinated manner and in accordance with plans by assisting the Site Managers,
* supervise and mentor junior members of the team,
* fair and reasonable assessment of sub contract valuations and final account agreement within a timely manner,
* responsible for the overall financial control of the contract; controlling and monitoring and variations and contra charges against financial plances
* have strong presentation and communication skills with liaising with Customers and Suppliers,
* using strong selling, negotiation and influencing skills when dealing with Customers and Suppliers to ensure long lasting working relationships with KELRAY,
Working as an integral part of the KELRAY LTD Team, you will be developing positive and professional working relationships with work colleagues, customers, suppliers and sub contractors.
Location: Based in Merthyr Tydfil, South Wales.
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: Negotiable subject to skills and proven experience
Contact: Emma Alexander, Company Secretary - firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Apply:
Please send your CV with a covering letter detailing why you think you are suited to this role.
If you have not been contacted within 30 days of your application, then please presume that you have not been successful on this occasion.